WhatsApp video call showing black screen on iOS mobile. Here is a simple guide to fix black screen during WhatsApp video call on iPhone.
Facing black screen problem during WhatsApp video calling on iPhone? We have some troubleshooting tips for you in this guide to solve this problem. WhatsApp chats have always been indispensable and have replaced the classic text message. However, with the advancement of technology, video calling has become the new norm in the WhatsApp community.
If there is any bug in the app, you may face black screen during WhatsApp video call. If the app doesn’t have access to use the iPhone camera, you won’t be able to make a video call. Having a strong network is essential for WhatsApp video calling. If you are using mobile data instead of Wi-Fi, you will experience black screen during WhatsApp video calling.
Tips to Fix Black Screen During WhatsApp Video Call on iPhone
Let’s start the fix now. There are various troubleshooting methods here.
1. Restart the iPhone
Start by implementing the simplest fix of all. Yes, restart the iPhone. You may find that random connection issues are fixed with a simple reboot.
- Press the iPhone’s side button.
- On the Switch Off screen, there will be an option to Slide Off Power Off. Follow the instructions and the iPhone will turn off.
- Again, after a few seconds press the power button to restart the iPhone.
Now, launch WhatsApp and try making a video call. I hope you don’t get black screen during whatsapp video call.
2. Update WhatsApp
Now, let’s solve the possible error problem in WhatsApp. You should regularly install app updates as they become available in the App Store. This will help you fix WhatsApp errors and other functional issues.
- Open the App Store.
- In the upper right corner, tap the avatar.
- A list of applications that are awaiting version upgrades will appear.
- If WhatsApp is listed, tap it Update To start the version upgrade.
3. Change airplane mode
You can toggle between turning Airplane Mode on and off on iPhone. If it’s some random network issue, doing so will surely fix the black screen during WhatsApp video call.
- Open Control Center on iPhone.
- Tap the airplane mode icon to turn it on, then tap it again to turn it off.
- The airplane mode icon turns orange when enabled and gray when the feature is disabled.
4. Use a Wi-Fi network to make video calls on WhatsApp
Instead of using mobile data to make a video call on WhatsApp, try switching to a Wi-Fi network. WiFi is often stable enough to provide a clear video call without any drop in video or audio. Also, if you have access to the latest and most robust 5G network instead of a 4G network, it’s even better to make a video call on WhatsApp smoothly without the black screen issue.
5. Enable Camera Permission for WhatsApp
Check if WhatsApp has permission to use device camera. Video calling without using the camera will not work.
- Go on systems of iOS.
- Go on Share it And tap it.
- Under various components under WhatsApp Settings, scroll down to Camera.
- To allow WhatsApp to access your camera, turn on the switch next to it.
- Now, you can make video calling using WhatsApp.
6. Turn off low data usage for WhatsApp
WhatsApp has in-app settings that, if enabled, limit data usage while using WhatsApp. Conversely, making a video call requires sufficient data. To use data from mobile data or over Wi-Fi without any restrictions, you need to disable the low data usage feature in WhatsApp. Here are the steps to detect and disable the feature.
- Launch WhatsApp.
- At the bottom, tap systems.
- Then go ahead Storage and data. Tap it.
- Under the Network tab, turn off the feature “Use less data for calls” by tapping the switch.
This will fix black screen during WhatsApp video call.
7. Reset iPhone network settings
Lastly, you may attempt to reset the network settings on your iPhone. This will remove any minor error in the network and black screen problem during WhatsApp video call will be fixed. Here are the steps to reset iPhone network settings.
- Start up systems
- Tap General.
- Tap under it Replace or restore iPhone.
- Select Restore And tap on the menu on the next page Reset network settings.
- When the iPhone asks for a passcode, provide the same.
- The device will reboot after the network reset process is complete.
- Now, access WhatsApp and try making a video call to any contact. I hope the black screen issue will be fixed.
Follow the tips in this guide to use all the features of WhatsApp, including video calling, without any problems. This will help you instantly solve the black screen problem during WhatsApp video calling on your iPhone.